Drainage issues and questions are common…how those issues are addressed can be anything but common. Quite often, if landowners would take the time to discuss their situations with adjoining landowners, drainage issues could be resolved by working together. Below are helpful documents for landowners and contact information for agencies that issue permits for work to be done that will effect Indiana waters. For questions, please contact Raquel Baker at the Wayne County SWCD, 765-373-9542. For contractors that do drainage work, see the Technical/Contractor tab.
(brochures are courtesy of the Indiana Farm Bureau)
- The County Drainage Board – Code Book
- Legal Considerations for Right-of-Way Easements (brochure)
- Indiana Drainage Handbook: http://www.in.gov/dnr/ Fwater/4893.htm
- Contact information for Regulatory Agencies: Regulatory Agency Contacts
- IDNR Indiana Floodplain Portal: https://dnrmaps.dnr.in.gov/appsphp/fdms/