- IDEM’S Rule 5 general information link: http://www.in.gov/idem/stormwater/2331.htm
- Currently, no review fees charged by the Wayne County SWCD.
- Compliance with Indiana law requires erosion control practices to be implemented on construction projects disturbing at least one (1) acre of land. The law, referred to as “Rule 5” (327 IAC 15-5-5), was developed by the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) to comply with federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations.
- The Wayne County SWCD is tasked with the oversight and review of all Rule 5 Plans in Wayne County, with the exception of projects within the City of Richmond’s MS4 jurisdiction. Please refer submittals within the City of Richmond to the Engineering Director, Greg Stiens, (765) 983-7394.
- All other plans must be submitted to the attention of Raquel Baker, Wayne County SWCD at:Wayne County SWCD
Attn: Raquel Baker
823 South Round Barn Road
Richmond, IN 47374
For Rule 5 questions within Wayne County, Indiana please call Raquel Baker @ 765-373-9542
Please note: IDEM is currently working towards electronic submissions using the IDEM Regulatory Portal. This will shorten processing time and issuance of the Notice of Sufficiency. All applicants are encouraged to move to the electronic system: https://stormwater.idem.in.gov/ncore/external/home