FREE WEBINAR!!!! Wisconsin Cover Crop and Soil Health Research “Lunch-and Learn” Webinar Series
Every Wednesday from January 17-February 21, 12-1pm (except Feb 7 will be 12-1:30)
To register and for further information, please click link below:
What exactly is Soil Health, you might ask?!
According to USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), “Soil health, also referred to as soil quality, is defined as the continued capacity of soil to function as a vital living ecosystem that sustains plants, animals, and humans. This definition speaks to the importance of managing soils so they are sustainable for future generations”
This page shall be dedicated to Soil Health and the ever expanding resources available to learn and understand how vital Soil Health is to everyone! Please check back often for additional updates and resources.
Informational Links and Publications:
- Purdue Soil Health: http://www.purdue.edu/soilhealth/
- USDA/NRCS Resources: https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/main/national/soils/health/
- Conservation Cropping Systems Initiative (CCSi): http://ccsin.iaswcd.org/
- Indiana Conservation Partnership: http://www.in.gov/isda/files/ICP_Soil_Health_Philosophy_final.pdf
- Purdue Extension Publication: AY-363-WPurdueExtPub4WaysToImproveSoilHealth
- “The Hope in Healthy Soil” YouTube Series by USDA/NRCS: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4J8PxoprpGaCb1k93_Y5pOm9b-9V1pMX